Friday, February 5, 2010

LoVe at FiRsT SiGhT!!

On January 28, 2010 our lives were forever changed. Our little angel was born at 2:51pm weighing in at a healthy 7.1lbs and 20 inches. She is perfect and we love her more than words can express.
Labor/Delivery were much easier than I had anticipated! I had worked myself up to this horrible thing. And really it was not bad....of course that was AFTER the epidural. My sweet Dr. offered to start me and I quickly took her up on her offer..A. I was SO excited to meet this little bean that had been in me for 9 months B. I was in pain because she was so LOW and C. I was already dilated to a 4.5! So we went in Thursday morning at 8:00am. We got all settled in and at 10:30 my Dr. came in and broke my water. When I was dilated to a 6 I was ready for the epidural. I will say for me that was the WORST PART. It was great that the contractions were gone but to me it was painful, but worth it:-D Then at 2:00pm I was checked and dilated to a 10 and ready to push! To hear that was crazy! Because I knew we were SO close to seeing our sweet little girl. Finally at 2:51 our sweet little Maiyah Serenity Groft was here!! She was perfect and healthy and we couldn't have asked for a sweeter little girl.
I can't believe it has already been a week! She changes everyday, and she does not look like the little peanut we brought home from the hospital. She is so much fun even when we have sleepless nights and fussy times:-D She is constantly being spoiled by her nana and papa who love to pay her a visit everyday. Her uncles love her and the Groft side of the family cannot wait to meet her. She is one lucky girl to have such an amazing family!!
As for her Daddy....wow, she has him wrapped around his finger already! She is going to be one spoiled little girl! I can't believe the love I felt for him when I saw him hold her for the first time! He is such an amazing man and was amazing through the whole delivery! I could not have asked for a better husband.
Here are a few pictures of our little princess! Thanks to all our friends and family for all their love and support throughout this first week! We love you all!!

He was so amazing through the whole process!!!!!

Meeting our princess for the first time!

The Support Crew:-D Daddy, Nana and Papa

This is where she got daddy wrapped around her little finger!!

Meeting her papa!!

Meeting Nana for the first time!!






And here she is now....one week old!! Oh how we just love her so much!!!

11 comments:

Kyle, Cassie and Kids said...

Congrats Morgan! You guys are already such a cute family, and for your little girl she is so Adorable!

Leah said...

I am glad everything went well with the delivery, she is beautiful. Little girls are expensive, but oh so much fun!! Welcome to the wonderful world of motherhood!

Steph and Brady said...

Oh she is just so beautiful! I am so sorry I haven't even come to see you or anything. I am sick now along with Brady and Breckyn. So, as soon as I feel better (hopefully in a couple days) I am going to be over! I can't wait to hold that little angel.

angie said...

She is so lovely! I am excited to play with her this summer! You need to change your About Me status cause now yo have two little girls! love you call me when you are ready to start jogging!

Laurel said...

I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS! She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! It is amazing how fast they change and they are so perfect! I love her and can't wait to meet her. CONGRATS!

Veronica said...

She is so beautiful. She looks so alert and older than a week. No one can describe the unconditional love you feel as a parent. I know she has wonderful parents and she is a choice spirit. I hope to come meet her after I get home. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh Morgan she is adorable! It was so good to see her in person! What a miracle these little babies are! I am amazed everyday. Let's get together soon. :)

Carly said...

i'm so glad everything went well. she is perfect, what a sweet little girl!

Todd and Megan said...

She is absolutely beautiful! I am so happy for you!

Jamie said...

Congrats Morgan she is just beautiful! I am glad everything went so well!! Your going to be a terrific mom. Congrats again on such cutie!!!

smilingcodie@hotmail.com said...

I am so glad everything went well, I am so happy for you guys, love to baby sit any time.